Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update from Miriam

Ok well it is 10:00 PM Thursday night and I can hardly believe I've made it this far. I swear nothing is ever easy. I am currently in good condition but that could change whenever the baby decides to change it. Our little episode for the week started Wednesday at 3AM. Those of you that know me know that something must be very wrong to wake me at 3AM. Basically I was in labor and mother rushed me to Amory while Daddy paced at my house while 2 sweet girls slept so they could go to school the next day. Poor Sandy has really had to step up this go round. She can take care of Emma Lee about as well as anyone else. Anyway, I was dialated 3 cm and efaced 90 to 95% so I was immediately doped up with magnesium to stop the contractions. At this point I was 33 weeks and 3 days and they need me to be at least 34 weeks. So now I also get steriod shots for the baby to build up its lungs. I am needlephobic so all this was truly killing me but I guess you just do what you have to do make your child strong. I finally slowed down enough that they put me to sleep and Wednesday was long and hard full of spuradic contractions and magnesuim flowing through my viens that made me so hot that I was even freezing mom out. Poor Jesse and Bennett are so far away that they have called constantly and tried to come home but I won't let them. Bennett I truly have no control over but Jesse I have a little and we decided it would be better for him to wait till december to come home. so now he is pacing in Iraq and calling every chance he gets. We even had a wonderful nurse Wednesday, Connie, that jogged my cell phone over to Dr. Otey across the street so that Jesse could talk to him and reassure him that everything is going to be ok and that he would take care of me. That was probably the biggest blessing that day. The nurses knocked me out again and I finally got a decent night's sleep. Today, Thursday has been pretty calm...lots of rest and not getting up and down except to potty so i am willing to drink everything that comes my way so that I get those chances every now and then to stretch my legs. Those of you that know me well know this staying in the bed thing is hard. Thankfully it is easier than I thought it would be cause I have great friends who are picking up the slack and doing all the things I need to be doing and thought I could get done before little david or maggie gets here. I have gotten beautiful flowers from the Family Support Group and a great food basket from Katangello Weeders (i think it was suppose to say leaders but Allison can't talk so it ended up weeders...heheheheh). Right now I am just going to sleep and enjoy being able to boss people around without them giving me those looks. Keep my mom in your prayers cause she is truly getting the brunt of all of this. She has been great and is good at being bossed around..hahaha! Hope the next update is giving a name to this baby! God Bless you all and keep us in your prayers!!!!
Miriam

1 comment:

Dad said...

you my hero