Thursday, November 15, 2007

update from Jesse

Hello Friends and Family,
Let me start off by saying that I am taking a big risk sending a letter out before I let Mir check my grammer and my spelling. So please laugh at my typing mistakes and understand I am writing this email about 3 30 am local time. I kinda tossed and turned last night before i caught a couple of hours sleep. I think I have paced around our toc (office) about as much as if I were in Amory hospital. I talked to Mir today a couple of times and she seems to be in good spirits, and I talked to Dr Otey personally. I appreciate the nurse that took the phone to him. I listened as she took off at a very brisk pace to find him and it must have been across the road because I heard the traffic go by. He made me feel better by giving me some good reports. It always seems that when Mir and I add on to the family the unexpected is normal. I know yall have all at one time heard about Sandy and the miriacle she is. I still feel so blessed that God made Sandy into a perfectly healthy child and taught me a lesson on depending on Him rather than myself. I appreciate all the support and prayers that have been sent up for my family. I had the choice of going out on a mission or staying in this morning, but I decided to go ahead and make the trip. When we went out we saw the usual kids standing on the side of the road jesturing for water or food or anything else they could get out of us. I feel so fortunate that Emma Lee and Sandy and any body else I know has never had to do that. We are so fortunate that so far in our lifetime that our country has never seen the problems that other countries have faced as a daily occurence. Both times I have been here just reaffirms how much I love home and how lucky we are to be living in a great place. I just want a moment to brag on the guys representing Houston and serving our great country. I have made many new friends and have seen some of the great things they have done over here. As of now my leave should be around the end of the year if every thing goes as planned. Im so ready to get back home for a little while to see everyone, spend some time with Miriam and the kids and enjoy some of that good old country cooking. Im ready to get back to Church so I can hear some Sunday school lessons from John Lee and I hear a sermon or two from or new preacher. For all the crew at GP please try to keep Mr Fred straight ! I love all of yall and I will try to do a little better on my emailing.
God's speed,
Jesse

No comments: