Monday, November 19, 2007

And now the Rest of the Story

Well, it is Monday, November 19th, and I never thought I would make it here. I have been a resident at Gilmore Memorial Hospital since our early morning trip last Wednesday. Of course last week the doctors are telling me I have about 2 more weeks to go and then we will have a baby. Little did they know my time table was nothing like theirs. Thursday and Friday were not so bad so I was able to believe them when they said, "We will have this baby some time after the Thanksgiving Holiday, so you are stuck here on bed rest for the rest of the time." However, Saturday brought on a different set of circumstances. I woke up having contractions and they never stopped until early Sunday morning. After finally getting my hall nurse to understand how bad I hurt at 1 AM Sunday I was transferred back to labor and delivery. All day I had been given different drugs to try to ease everything up but at this point none of that worked. Finally my water broke at 2something AM and I had convinced labor and delivery that I was not playing about this baby coming. The doctor was not at the hospital yet, but she was on her way to give me an epidural. Then Dr. Hill received yet another call telling her if she did not get here soon she was going to miss everything. Needless to say, Dr. Hill did not have the chance to stick yet another needle in me b/c she arrived at the hospital in time to basically "catch" David Brand Garner at 2:42 AM on Sunday, November 18, 2007. He was 6 lbs 7 ozs, 19 inches long and perfectly healthy for a 6 week early baby.

I have talked to Jesse several times and he is excited and counting the days down to when he comes home for a visit. I know he is excited about having a boy but I think he is more excited that we are all ok and he can come home for a fun and relaxing visit instead of pacing the dirt of Iraq wondering how his family is doing. Here are David's first pictures:


No comments: